View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #4
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal 20112SS View Post
That's a good lookin tire. I love the look of the white lettering. Is that a DOT approved DR? What are you running up front?
I think all DR are DOT approved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
If you get the tire to hook well, it should shave some time due to the increased gearing.
And you are correct about the wheel/tire setup being easier to spin down the track. The only issue might be traction with the lower profile tires (but those super sticky tires -basically slicks should get the job done).

Traditionally, you want more side wall (tire flex) when it comes to drag racing.

Ever since getting my converter (3200), my 20" drag radials 305/35/20 just don't cut it. My car makes too much torque leaving the line and just wants to light up the tires. I definitely need a tire with more sidewall. I'm thinking of dropping down to 305/45/18s to get more grip.
I should be pulling 1.6x sec 60' with my setup, but my tires just won't hold the track.

But I think your reason is valid. Your car should definitely run faster if you get a good hook. If you were running different tires (with less grip), you'd be in trouble.
Are you on NT555R or Mickey Thompsons? If you are on the Nittos that might be part of the problem. The NT555R are probably the only drag radial that has decent enough wear to daily drive but on the flip side it's also at the bottom of the list, performance wise, of all the drag radials.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote