View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Ten Best QBs ever. NFL............

I've allways had John Elway imo as the best.

I'm too young to have watched Johnny U or Otto Graham.

Joe Montana was imo the poster child for 'Product of the System' but I still have him in my top 5.

Funny, no Marino on Claytons list.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ohn&id=4838773

Quote:
John Clayton's List Of Greatest NFL QBs

1. Johnny Unitas, Baltimore Colts and San Diego Chargers: Unitas opened the eyes of coaches who loved running the football and playing defense. He taught the NFL that a smart quarterback could lead a passing attack from the field and become the ultimate field general.
2. Joe Montana, San Francisco 49ers and Kansas City Chiefs: Playing for Bill Walsh's 49ers, Montana made the West Coast offense a household word in the NFL. With four Super Bowl rings, it could be argued he's No. 1.
3. Otto Graham, Cleveland Browns: Most football fans under the age of 50 aren't familiar with him, but Graham was a great passer. He starred in the 1940s and 1950s, but he could have played with this generation of quarterbacks. Counting the Browns' play in the old All-America Football Conference (AAFC) -- as recognized by the Pro Football Hall Of Fame -- he guided the team to 10 division or league crowns in 10 years.

4 John Elway, Denver Broncos: He won two Super Bowls in his final two seasons to legitimize one of the NFL's greatest careers. He led the Broncos to five Super Bowl appearances.

5. Brett Favre, Atlanta Falcons, Green Bay Packers, New York Jets and Minnesota Vikings: He's throwing as well at the age of 40 as he was when he was in his early 30s. Another Super Bowl ring could put him ahead of Elway.

6. Dan Marino, Miami Dolphins: Marino had one of the greatest arms in the history of the game. It's a shame he went to only one Super Bowl. He was the ultimate passer and leader on the field.

7. Tom Brady, New England Patriots: His three Super Bowl rings and 14-4 playoff record ranks him ahead of Peyton Manning, but Manning is on the rise.

8. Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts: Manning has changed the game with his ability to work out of the shotgun and run a no-huddle offense. He is on the verge of jumping closer to the top five and possibly the top three in the next couple of seasons.

9. Terry Bradshaw, Pittsburgh Steelers: Because the Steelers won their first two Super Bowls relying on the Steel Curtain defense and a solid running game, Bradshaw might have slipped through the cracks among the all-time greats. In their third and fourth Super Bowl wins, the Steelers were a fine passing team under Bradshaw.

10. Bart Starr, Green Bay Packers: Starr was the perfect leader for the perfect dynasty. He was the offensive leader who made it all work.

Last edited by PQ; 01-20-2010 at 12:29 PM.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote