View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 12:50 PM   #24
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by REAPER SS View Post
I love the lowered look & feel. Keep up the good work!
The look is secondary to the performance. I really screwed up on this car because I wanted to stay true to the Nickey traditional Muscle Car look and didn't drop the rear enough for optimal handling. We need to lower the car another 15mm in the rear to take load off the front tires under hard braking in the turns and make the car more neutral. As it delivers from the factory there is significant understeer in daily driving and what most race car drivers would refer to as pushing or plowing. In the current lowered stance we greatly reduced the understeer. If I had done it right and dropped the rear as far as I have the rear dropped on my G8 the lap times and handling would have been better.

When we hit the track the next time around with the adjustable bars and remaining bushes, we'll also correct the ride height while going through a complete corner weighting process. We expect to see another 1.5 to 2 full seconds come off the lap times.

When I get my Camaro you can expect to see a very non-traditional set of Forgeline wheels that are 20x10.5 all around with something like a 305/30/20/XL Pole Position from Bridgestone. Eliminating the stagger from the OEM wheel and tire package will further reduce the understeer on the Camaro. Increasing the front tire contact patch will improve handling. We may need to do a little fender stretching to make it work, but we'll cross that bridge as soon as my car comes.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote