View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 12:57 AM   #13
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Thanks! Yes I will try the short shift to 4th. I was by myself so no videos, maybe I will bring some fans next time. And even though I thought my shifting was tight, (but of this I am not 100% sure) i did slightly let off the throttle especially going into second. If I hit second too hard I can get too much spin. I just get a slight bark going into third.

On my worst pass, other than my first bundle of nerves, I left too hard and spent too much time spinning. This threw me off and I missed second to add to my misery. A rather quick Honda Civic blew me off. I lined up against him a second time, but I think he broke on the line.
I realize I left an incomplete thought on my last post.

What I meant was if you improve your 60' to a ~1.9 on streets and still end up with a 12.9/13.0 @ 110+ mph, that would tell me somewhere time is being left on the table, because your trap speed is still high. Most likely this is because you're hitting the limiter, so your shifting might be tight in all actuality. Where to short shift 4th might be a little bit of trial and error.

It also helps to write notes on your time slips for stuff like this. Writing launch rpms, where you are shifting into 4th etc, can help you isolate the effects of different things you try.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote