View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 01:04 AM   #17
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
Yeah, his new set up should be very close to your current set up. You have 28.6" all the way around and he is going with 28.8 rear and 28.4 front.
I think that will look great on the back, but a little too much sidewall on front for me. I'm taking a chance and going 28" rear and 27" front. I hope the 1" diference doesn't freak out the comp. If it does and it can't be tuned to get fixed I already have a couple of fixes up my sleeve.

My front should be the exact same diameter as the 285/40 you want to do. Don't know when you are looking to get new tires but I already ordered my tires. Wheels are what's gonna take a while, probably late March. My car will also be lowered 1.4" already have the springs sitting here. I'll gladly put my two fronts on one side of the car so you can get an exact idea of what your car will look like lowered and with 27" tall tires all the way around. Should look killer.
You'll have one of the few convertibles with 18" wheels!

I'll probably get new tires late spring or early summer. I'll for sure lower the car first. I can't see myself getting rid of these tires with so much tread left on them.

I'll watch out for the post when you bring your new car home and all the goods to go with it!
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote