View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #55
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
Right rear when it is on the inside of the turn. (right turn) Specifically turn 2 at Gingerman on corner exit if I try to use second gear it will spin the inside (pass rr) tire. If I run out of the corner in 3rd gear it is fine. Same thing happened at Grattan exiting the last right hander from the esses.

I spoke with a GM engineer that has RWD platform experience (Camaro 1LE) about it and he mentioned upgrading to a ZL1 diff....but those are changes for down the road...

Yes, still 100% stock suspension...springs, sways, bushings ....

Alignment Specs are in the picture. Alignment recommendations/specs came from a another engineer that had experience with the 1LE ....I could have added more camber in the front but chose a setting I could live with on and off the track.

When you say control weight transfer can I assume that translates into increased traction? I have the mind set that when the front rate is increased more than the rear this induces under steer. Does that still hold true or are you increasing the rear as well?

Thanks,
Matt
Matt,

This is splitting hairs, but it is interesting that the right rear toe is in a bit more than the left. I doubt that is causing the issue.

I know Gingerman well. It is a technically challenging test of driver suspension and brakes. Bruce Raymond's (Raymond's Performance) 1LE with heads, cam (530 RWHP) and ZL1 front calipers was tested at Putnam Park with OE suspension. It ran incredibly well with no sign of differential slippage under high cornering loads.

We ran the same 1LE at Road America with foundational bushes, Supercars and our 32mm rear bar. According to Bruce, the car was perfect and he wouldn't change a thing.

What are your tire pressures hot?

Last edited by JusticePete; 07-02-2013 at 11:55 PM.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote