View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 01:55 AM   #11
Blacamaro

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Well I made it to the St. Thomas A&W Saturday Cruise night.

Poor turnout, around 15 cars. I spoke at length with the girl that runs the cruise. She is the A&W owner/franchisee. She said last week they had over 40 cars. It rained only a couple hours before the cruise and looked like a thunderstorm was coming in right up to the start of the cruise. Then they have this situation where the lions club holds their cruise at the same time.

The Lions club has their cruise only 2 times a month and at two different locations alternating (Dan Patterson Conservation Area and the Elgin Mall). They have some problem getting members to run the thing hence the every other week thing. So my attitude is to support the A&W cruise because she is serious about having a cruise night every week.

Anyways next week if the weather is good the A&W cruise should be a lot better with no Lions club cruise splitting the attendance.

Tomorrow, Sunday, is the biggest cruise in the area at the Canadian Tire at Dundas and Clark in London. As far as I can find out it starts at 5:30. We'll be there early and likely eat at the A&W in front of the place and to be sure to get a good spot in-case the place fills up quick.

I've talked to a number of people at the cruises telling me that the Strathroy cruise on Wednesday is a pretty good one so I'm planning to attend at this point.
Blacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote