View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 08:54 AM   #8
tcslc

Drives: '10 SS 6MT, '07 GT500, '08 ACR
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagojoe16 View Post
Agreed, why don't you just compare it to the Veyron while you're at it.
I'm only comparing the cars that I own, or have owned - just happens to be what I have. Ok - the Viper ACR may not be a fair comparison, as it is a barely street legal race car that you have to pay attention to all the time when driving. However, the GT500 and Camaro are a little closer - in price anyway - as my Camaro listed for a touch over $40k.

Anyway, the closest comparison may that of my '07 SRT8 Superbee and '04 Mustang Cobra (both of which I no longer own). The Camaro definitely feels faster than the Superbee did off the line - I don't know how they'd match up on a slow roll as the Superbee would launch poorly and then go like a bat out of hell from 20+MPH on. I think I'll give this one to the Camaro. The '04 Mustang - supercharged 4.6 with 400 factory rated horsepower - just plain seemed to haul ass. Looking back on specs, it's listed as a 12.9 1/4 mile car vs the Camaro which seems to be somewhere around mid-13s (understanding that Camaro data is still coming in).

I'll wait until break-in is complete, but am starting to wonder what - short of adding a supercharger - can be done with a few bucks (say a ceiling of $2k) to bring up performance of the SS and shave 5 or 6 tenths off the car.
tcslc is offline   Reply With Quote