View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #14
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Tires and rims make a big difference, but the durability is where the 1LE shines. The bearings are a MUST if you track. Also, with those bearings being the same as the ZL1, the 1LE is ALSO missing the brake dust shield..... another MUST for track (brake cooling).

The sway bars and suspension is of course where it is at and the stuff above are improvements to components that take a beating due to the extra lat g's and force the car will see.

In my opinion though, the transmission is a huge deal. That is a nice trans in the 1LE, again with track durability in mind. Keep in mind you get all this for $3500 and then figure out how much it would cost an SS to get to that level of performance with aftermarket parts.........

As far as lowering, I understand that majority of performance folks are amazed as to why GM doesn't lower it more etc. but keep in mind these OEM's have to consider the people that will never hit the track, ride on rough roads, with their familiy inside and still have a safe enough car in a bad road situation. However, I am certain that the ride is a huge deal and I am certain no lowered camaro will ever drive as nice as a stock one. Lower = stiffer, it has to or else you will start bottoming out.

Your car looks amazing by the way, seriously. Go get the bearings.....

Better seats would be nice for a track car, I must admit.
Mgizzle is offline   Reply With Quote