View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 01:07 AM   #6
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Japnesse does not equal perfection. Yes, on average Honda and Toyota (including all their brands) have better reliability than GM, DC, and Ford Mo Co. But most the other Japanesse brands rank pretty low. But Chevy and Ford brands are only 10% lower in problems/vehicle. But what about the cost of repairs? if it costs $400 to fix a toyota but $300 to fix a Chevy, even if you need to fix the Chevy more often it still costs you less in the end. Also, the perception of Toyota and Honda is based largely off of their small cars. Detriot dominates in the midzied and large car segments for reliability. And milage, maybe domestic isn't as good, but generally you get reasonable fuel economy with good power and style.

By the way, im 22 and there is only a couple people up here at school that consider domestics. They wouldn't even believe that europeans tend to have such poor relibility. And they are supposed to be training to be mechanical engineers, but they won't listen. "American cars suck" is their view of things.
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote