So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmore View Post
WOW
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
Oh.. My.. God..

Why have they not given you a new car yet??!
hey, that was the August 2010 document... it has about a month and a half of updates now that it's October! you guys would flip your lids if you heard the full, up-to-date story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad@gm View Post
I don't know how many other people that have had as many problems as I have but my dream ss has been a nightmare, in one year I've burnt over 4qts oil, had my audio reprogrammed twice, door speakers replaced,amp replaced, rear speakers are loose and rattle(operating as designed Im told) hvac reprogrammed once and still loose heat, tires don't like to hold air, paint is coming off, clutch petal is catching almost to the top now, exhaust is rattling, loosing anti-freeze somewhere now-told no leaks, 1-3 gear is rough to up shift, 1/2 gear on downshift almost can't its so hard, trans noise-clutch release/imput shaft bearing..............
"operating as designed" is code for "this is a bad design". a new engine that blows up the first time it's started OPERATES AS DESIGNED - but it's a shetty design.

i haven't burned oil, but i HAVE leaked oil.

been through the audio system reprogramming several times, still having problems. even talked to a GM tech on the phone, and he was talking like he wanted me to be his "guinea pig" and try all these different things to get it to work... and in the end was told that it's "operating as designed".

my tires don't hold air either. i've got an old pickup truck though, put new tires on it about 2 years ago, and they haven't leaked a pound of air pressure... go figure.

and i do have paint chipping in places other than under the rear spoiler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe h View Post
2. Dealers, for whatever reason, are afraid to submit warranty claims.

3. GM customer service is of no help what so ever.

4. Service managers are telling customers one thing, but for whatever reason will write saying the problem cannot be duplicated. I actually had a service manager tell me gm was going to contact them the next week, but when I signed the release form, it stated the problem could not be duplicated, even after half the mechanics in the shop could hear it.

5. GM Customer service will always side with the dealer.
the dealers are afraid of having to do "warranty" work for the same problem, two times or more. so they'll cover it up, do it "internally" as a quick fix, or try to take your car back without giving you any paperwork describing the authorized work.

GM Customer Service: after 3 or 4 weeks of contact and conversations, i had my case handed off to some poor lady who had no prior knowledge of my issues. she called me, told me that my case would be closing, and she offered me free oil changes and tire rotations for a year............... 1 - i only get one oil change per year because i put so few miles on my Camaro......... 2 - the tires are different sizes and can't be rotated. i pointed this out to the lady on the phone, i denied the offer, and told her that i would be taking my car in for an oil change in a few weeks and i would be paying for it myself.

as for "inability to duplicate the problem"... whenever i bring my Camaro in with a problem, i duplicate it for the service writer, and explain the problem in the clearest terms possible. then my car is at the dealer for a week, i come to pick it up and they were "unable to duplicate customer's concerns". i have, more than once, grabbed that paper and walked back to the service tech and shown him exactly what the problem is and duplicated it right in front of him. all i get in return is a stupid expression on his face.

i have even had problems, such as "engine flutter"... i described it to the service writer... the tech drove it and noticed the flutter and thought it was unusual... then the tech drove it with the shop foreman to point it out, and the foreman said it was a "normal operating characteristic" - the hell it is - and i get the car handed back to me a few days later with no work being performed on it.

time and time again i find myself describing problems to people who don't know jack about the 5th gen Camaro or any of the technologies involved... getting into deep conversations, explaining to them how these systems work, how they SHOULD work, and how mine is malfunctioning. and all i get in return is that stupid expression on their faces.
KeepItGreasey is offline   Reply With Quote