View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 09:39 PM   #48
allens83

Drives: Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Stone View Post
I have to share my story here, since all of you have been so helpful in helping me with these issues. But to make a long story short, and i mean starting back from 11/2/10 all the way to 2/25/11, my exhaust system and driveline has been replaced under warranty all relating to the issues discussed in this thread...

I originally took my '10 SS in to my local dealer and told them about two noises that i heard comming from the rear and right front area of my baby. They heard the exhaust noise and decided to order a new system from GM. As for the second noise, they claimed it to be all related...
With the exhaust fixed, i immediately went and had the mufflers chopped off, an awesome choice by the way and highly recommended. However, the squeek comming from the right front of my baby had not gone away and was progressively getting worse. I described it as more noticeable during decelaration, usually at lower rpm's and in all gears. Trying not to make this an essay, i had to take it in to two different dealers, six different, consecutive times in order for the problem to be fixed. The 4th time i picked my baby up, i drove it 3 stop lights up the road, flipped a bitch and drove it right back to them... I did end up with a free '11 Tahoe rental for about 2 weeks though...
So in the end, after replacing the exhaust system and then trying to chicken shit me about "loose baffles" and "noisey aftermarket exhaust hangers" and tightening the "loose" exhaust clamps due to my chopped off my mufflers, they came up with ordering me a new driveline... And when i say driveline, the part number they indicated on the invoice was 92246788....SHAFT 5.44. Thats a new exhaust system and a new driveSHAFT all in one years time...

So this wasnt short like i said it was going to be, but i wanted to share this with the rest of you in case your baby starts to make the most annoying sound in the world after you have replaced your exhaust system and/or mufflers and cant figure it what in the crap it is... It just might be something serious...

By the way, my baby run great now, and im praying to sheeba that this is the last of the problems... Ill keep you posted if not.
I've got the same exhaust resonance...will be taking mine into dealer later this month.

But I've also got a weird noise from the front passenger side at low RPM and low gears, especially when it is cold. Kinda like the noise water supply pipes in your basement make... was that similar to what you had that was related to the drivetrain?? Anyone else have this sound? Service manager claimed to not hear it, but I listen to it everyone morning and wonder......
allens83 is offline   Reply With Quote