View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 08:10 AM   #38
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
You sure all those quarters you had in your center console are accounted for?????

At least the "thump thump" sound (the deeper one) is happening consistantly. By that I mean I watched the vid and see it happens at the same time that bolt comes around, every time when it's turning.

You said you heard this every now and then and now it's pretty much constant?

The car was in neutral and you were spinning the wheels.

When you drive the car it matches vehicle speed ~ not engine speed.

With the consistant thump and the same place every time that sounds like a tooth missing somewhere. Kind of like where I put the arrow pointing to. It has to be something that spins constant so I wouldn't think that would be a gear (like behind the arrow) That tooth may have been hanging on by a shred of hope and finally gave. While it was hanging on you would hear the noise every now and then, but when it came off it created the constant thump noise. I think the metallic noise is that piece floating around in there just bouncing off of things.

I hope I'm wrong.
Attached Images

Last edited by garcmol; 08-16-2011 at 09:29 AM.
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote