View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 05:41 PM   #131
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
I love ya GM, I really do. You'll weather the storm.

But,

1. No NAV - I don't care, but most people do. OnStar turn by turn doesn't replace NAV.

2. No Blue for enthusiasts (SS)? Arrogant again.

3. Telling us we're too stupid to understand vehicle dynamics and safety constraints that produced a two ton Camaro. The same GM people who earlier said they called Jenny Craig Weight Loss Centers about the Camaro.
Ask Nissan how to design a sports car, 370Z is gaining power, AND losing 200lbs from the 350Z, down to around 3000lbs.
Don't think you'll feel an extra 1000 pounds on the road and at the gas pump? BS. The 370Z may start at $35000, but that will be close to a comparably equipped Camaro SS. We're willing to pay a couple of thousand more for a thousand less pounds of dead weight.

4. Saying you can't do anything about some horrible authorized dealers gouging everyone to death, repeatedly. Even on the 5 year old Corvette design.

In summary: Quit telling us what we want. We are the customer. You are in deep shxx, because of your past greed (high-profit, gas-guzzling trucks and SUV's) and arrogance. Repent!

Or just keep doing what you've been doing. Seems to be working well...

I still hope to buy a Camaro or a Corvette. I'm hooked on Chevy V8 power, and all-American styling inside and out.

All -- please keep posting on this thread -- I'm forwarding this thread and all others from other sites to try and help get Imperial Blue, at least, released on the SS.......

Frankly, it took me by surprise when I saw the order guide -- and we're making your thoughts known to the VLD.

Now -- to the notes above:

Perhaps you do love Nav -- however, when you look at option penetrations for NAV -- they're very low........not saying we should not have an aux. nav screen - but I'll give you my personal opinion: (not GM's) -- ANYTHING that takes your eyes off the road, in my opinion, should be outlawed.......including cell phone usage in cars..........and don't get me going about the people I see texting as they;re driving......(sorry...my rant)

Not arrogant again -- as I said -- make your thoughts known -- the disciples made theirs known and changes have been -- and will continue to be made. Show me another car company that involved people like we did......

AS to your third point -- the 350-370s are not 4 seaters -- they're much smaller -- so is it really fair to compare? (esp. when you haven't driven the car yet?)

.... and while this may have nothing to do with the 350-370 -- have you happened to see the debacle of the GT-R transmission?

I'm not calling everyone stupid --that's your word.... but there ARE those who simply refuse to listen to reason -
......and there are those who somehow -- and this completely escapes me -- refuse to understand that WE ARE TRYING TO RAISE OUR FUEL ECONOMY LEVELS -- AND WE'RE DOING WHATEVER WE CAN WITHIN ECONOMIC REASON TO DO SO --WITHOUT compromising the automobile.....we have no choice -- there are CAFE laws out there!

As to number 4 -- get real -- go to California and you'll see that just about EVERY dealer puts an ADM sticker on their cars and trucks.

Now - pay attention: WE CANNOT DICTATE PRICING TO DEALERS -- YOU CAN RANT ALL YOU WANT -- BUT IT IS I - L - L -E - G - A - L !!!! .........don't like it? Call a cop!

Now - you may not have seen this -- but I have been telling people forever that there are just under 4,000 Chevy dealers out there -- if one asks you to pay over MSRP -- just say no and walk out!!! NO ONE is holding a gun to your head.......and once again - this isn't something that only Chevy dealers do -- every manufacturer faces the same thing.

I'm Sorry Camaro5 -- -- don't mean to be short -- but I've been up a stupid amount of hours -- and I guess I'm a bit tired and a *bit* short in terms of temperment........and I guess I get upset when people rant on things that we cannot change......