View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #27
Saint Alban

Drives: '14 Black 2SS RS
I have AAC's halos and I haven't had an issue. I'll be installing JDP's on a friends car when he gets them in and I'll be able to see how difficult installing is in comparison. I would imagine AAC's are brighter given that you've opened your headlights up and put LEDs directly behind your halo ring. So you're basically looking at the LEDs dead on. I'm assuming JDPs will be emitting light from where the factory light is which would illuminate the entire ring. So I doubt its as bright, but as someone else stated, it does look bright enough. There's no real dotted look if you have AACs color shifting halos. You'll get the dots with the dual color halos but is less noticeable when you put them behind the factory ring. I think both are great and I doubt you'd be unhappy with either one but if you're installing yourself and JDP is easier for you, then go with that. As for the show modes, they're both RGB LEDs controlled by RGB controllers. You can get controllers very cheap on eBay which have a bunch of functions and remotes. You don't have to live with the controller that the company gives you if you want different functionalities.
Saint Alban is offline   Reply With Quote