View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 08:31 PM   #53
UsedTaHaveA68

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
Hmmmm, I would say that past history does not agree with your statement. The 28,103 Z/28s sold in '67-'69 were sold in spite of not being available with air conditioning, automatic transmisson or in a convertible. A new Z/28 does not necessarily have to appeal to the entire mass market, it only needs to appeal to those likely to buy a high performance focused automobile (which is NOT the majority of the general public). The "missing" options certainly didn't stop me from buying a new Z/28 in '69, though at my present age I'd probably like to be able to get AC, but manual transmission is the way I'd go and I really don't care for a vert.
Clyde
I would say that America is a little different now than it was 40 years ago. Comparing what worked in '69 to what will work now is pretty poor idea. Back then a/c was an option on all cars. Most Camaros back then didn't come with a/c. Nowdays, I can't think of a single car that doesn't come STANDARD with a/c. Times have changed a little. GM would be pretty stupid to predict sales based on what worked 40 years ago.
UsedTaHaveA68 is offline   Reply With Quote