View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #11
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Before ditching the exhaust get underneath the car and make sure all the rubber grommets are still in the hangers and something is not out of place. Other thing to check for is to make sure the exhaust isn't touching anything or tight up against anything. These things will transmit sound straight into the car.

I have V2.0 exhaust and I don't notice the drone that everyone claims. I do have some sound in the car but I expected it. I do notice that when I get into or around the 2000 to 2400 RPM range it does get a tone in the car but to me it is not annoying, it's expected, and I don't get to drive that fast around here. I think when I hit the 2000 RPM mark I think I am in the 80+ MPH range(been awhile since I have broken the speed limit that much so can't remember). I have an automatic and speed limits here are 55 so I cruise at 60 MPH and the tach is reading around 1500+ RPM. I have been on the freeway cruising at 75+ and I have noticed it does get a little louder in the car but then I have a lot of road noise to go along with it also.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote