View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 11:59 AM   #61
talwell

Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Jolly View Post
I have to chime in on this. I agree very much with 'Doc' that most of these cars do not improve on the original. Chevy did a great job. I was about to comment that I had no idea there were so many ugly wheels! Obviously, we all have different tastes. I was most disappointed to not see any front end treatment that I liked. I wish an Italian designer would get hold of the Camaro and put a Ferrari nose on it! There are lots of good details in the show cars and I think the original could be improved a bit. But, as Doc said, GM did a great job and we're all lucky for it.
I also agree fully - there are some cars that appear to be improvements of the original production car but for the most part they are just tuner / cosmetic alterations that fit the tastes of the designers. No offense to the hard work that went into some of these cars - but some are downright aweful looking.

It is so cool to see the spirit of the muscle cars come to life again - if these cars prove to offer nothing more, they show that GM has brought the muscle car called the Camaro back to life !!
talwell is offline   Reply With Quote