Thread: Avalanche or SS
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 09:41 AM   #45
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
Actually, I was offered $10k off the sticker...

And no I don't NEED it, at least not in the sense that I work a manual labor job where I need to haul lumber/gravel/work equipment, etc, nor do I have any large equipment or trailers to tow, but it certainly is nice to have that space. You never know when you might need it, or someone else might need to use it... And again, I was just really impressed with how well it drove for a truck, or for any vehicle for that matter, and it just felt so strong and secure with all that size. It sure is fun sitting above just about everyone else on the road too...

So what ARE the lucky lotto numbers this week...?
Yeah I would say that if you don't "need" the utility then def wait and get a Camaro. It will be worth the wait. But nothing wrong with getting the Avalanche, it's a great truck and if you can get one for 10k off then that's a pretty good deal. I think they are awesome trucks. Very versatile.

I've always driven small two door coupes my whole life, 84 Celica, 89 Daytona Turbo, 01 Cavalier 2dr, and currently my 06 Cobalt SS/SC.

I sorta went through what you are going through, because I plan on breaking away from the small 2dr coupe mold for a while (even though I love them) and plan on getting a TrailBlazer SS. Then after I pay it off get a Camaro SS or a used Corvette or something later down the road.

I also believe that you said you won't be able to purchase one until around summer of next year, which hey that's like 6+ months away so that's a ways away. If you don't want to wait that long then jump on the Avalanche, but just really think it through because you don't want to be kicking yourself in the pants 6 months down the road when it's summer and the Camaros are out and you're saying "I wish I had waited to get the Camaro", so also try and think of what option you think you will regret the least, but only you can make that decision.