View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 05:56 AM   #34
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Here's a thought on this subject. from 1983 to 1985 the Japanese motorcycle manufacturers advertised their high performance bikes on TV. Honda had the V-65 Magna with drag racer Jay Gleason doing a burn out. Yamaha had a V-Max doing a burnout in a car hop drive in making the roller skate waitress drop her tray. Kawasaki would give you new underwear with your Ninja 1000R.(I had one). Then the news magazines picked up on this and did specials on the "killer" bikes. Then the government picked up on this and proposed banning these motorcycles. The American Motorclist Association fought this. I think that perhaps the auto makers remember this and are affraid to get unwanted attention from the safety-crats. I can picture the commercials. A Mustang GT and an SS at the lights. the light changes and they do an eigth mile sprint down main street. It is not 1966 and you can not get away with that any more. So how should they advertise these cars? As a cute little coupe with a soccer mom picking up the kids? Any one desiring a Camaro will allready know what it is or they will talk to one of us. We are GM's best advertisers.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote