View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #9
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Looks like you had the dreaded resistor blowout on the FlashTech halos. Three leds in a series connected to each resistor so when one goes three in a row "burn out". My foglight rings were like that except it only affects one color led. I see your red ring has 3 missing lights so when they are on say.. purple, the three leds that are burned out will appear blue still (blue+red=purple).

It sucks because any color combination that usually requires red will always be off on those three leds. I had three leds in both foglights go bad and also three leds in my left headlight halo. That is why I didn't even bother taking my headlights out when I traded it in. I didn't figure the removal time plus the loss of money due to someone not wanting a somewhat messed up set of lights would be worth it.

The only reason I even posted is to inform the potential buyer considering that info isn't present in the original post. Always use caution when buying from someone with low post count. No offense to OP but I've seen far too many people get scammed lol.

But you seem to be a legit seller so.... GLWS!
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote