View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 11:25 AM   #101
CobraBall

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
I'm not picking on the ZL1 given the choice I'd own a ZL1 automatic car, but to make blanket statements that the 500 is not in the same class as the ZL1 is ridiculous.
I'm not trying to incite a flame fest, but it's rather interesting how the goal posts move with these threads.

When everyone thought the ZL1 was the faster car it was:

"The GT500 is a slow pile"

Now, that something that could be contradictory to that appears and it's:

"Oh, well the GT500 has a professional driver and the ZL1 was driven by a n00b"

and

"'ring times don't matter, I'll never drive on the 'ring"

Really? You don't think GM was using a professional driver and sticky tires too?

However, I'm not particularly convinced. I'm curious as to the source of this video, what was done, and who was driving. I'm not saying it's not legit, but I'd like to know more about the video. Is it really from Ford?

Quote:
Shhhhhhhhh, you are not supposed to mention this in the forum. Is there an issue with all the 500s brakes or just this particular car, I imagine it's very possible it is a design issue, and Ford states to change out the fluid prior to heavy track use. The main point is prior to the brake fade the 500 was indeed faster which most claim in this forum that this is not possible. In the above video I posted I believe both drivers knew their way around the track. The problem was the 500 was clearly faster. Maybe the owner had done the suggested fluid change which corrected the brake fade issues?
Truth.

If you're going to track any car, a fluid swap and pad change is pretty standard across the board. I'm not sure that's a knock against the GT500 when you should be doing that anyway.
CobraBall is offline   Reply With Quote