View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 07:40 PM   #22
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
SLP "FADE" SIDE GILLS ANS SS FENDER EMBLEMS

Turkey day morning put on the SLP fade gills and today repositioned the SS fender emblems. Gills are alright, my basic so so view to all gill stickers and even the overpriced polished aluminum stuff.These are the matte black ones, though the gloss may stand out better, wouldnt be to realistic as I have never seen a glossy shadow area, is what it is. Sorry these pics arent better but the sun is right on the car and the other side is in shadow. My wife being more artistic likes them better then a solid gill and they do look realistic in the right light and angle of the sun. Not bad at 5 feet and further.

As to the SS emlems I goofed(in my view anyway) as to the position and being overly detailed as I can be I took them off, cleaned off the adhesive, cut pieces of 3m tape and put them back on 1/2" below the Camaro name. This is somewhat close to where the emblems are on the 69's that the car is patterned after and what I am doing to it looks wise.
I had them to low, like a 68 or the new 45th edition's emblem.

A tip I use from another member to make it easy to position these is use a paint stiring stick.My version is to mark and cut it to 1/2" wide using a razer knife. You then put it right below the camaro name, tape it to the name to hold it. Then put the emblem right up against the bottom edge of the "spacer", center it where you want and attach, then pull the spacer away, presto perfect alignment, and angle matching the name.
Attached Images

VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote