View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #23
backtotintops

Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
And from a straight-up practical standpoint, if you are not a frequent tracker, or, a slowpoke on track, you don't *need*:

- Carbon brakes
- Torsen diff
- Forged wheels
- Dry sump engine
- Tranny and diff coolers
- 50 treadwear race-rubber tires
- DSSV Dampers

Face facts and be honest how you will use a car. If you just like the look of the car, and never plan to visit a track, buy a different model and/or add some cosmetic items and make your wallet happy.

Anyone here know how much those Trofeo tires cost? ~$540 ea. You'll get about 5000-7000 street miles out of a set. Or 4 track days if you're an aggressive driver and are careful to properly adjust hot pressures.

Chevy clearly said, this car is not for most people. You already know "speed costs, how fast do you want to go?" :-)
What adds to the bellyache is that I think I'm EXACTLY who this car is made for. I would drive it thousands of miles on the roads probably even up to vermont and maybe in the winter too...sneaking between the weather...and during the hpde season I would beat the hell out of it with a set of goodyear slicks (that I can finally carry in the actual car), maybe use the trofeo's as rains...20-40 days in a season at northeast tracks. I would not race it/cage it...been there done that...nope this car would stay stock except for the race rubber on some purner wheels, simpson belts, steel rotors (might need to run some ducts from the fog light openings) hawk blues, ap racing super 600, tow loops, crossbar for belts, and traqmate. I would have much to play with at the Glen.
backtotintops is offline   Reply With Quote