View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Talking What a difference a CAI can make...!

First of all I want to give a big thank you to Chase and Victoria from Apex Speed. I needed this part on Friday and I ordered it Wednesday; they called me personally to handle my request and got it to me really fast. They were great to work with and I really appreciate the awesome customer service.

After studying, researching, looking for weeks, I finally went with a BBK intake. I had several reasons for doing so-- number one, most of the numbers on the intakes (with the exception of CAI Inc, Vararam and Injen) were the same, and the BBK is by far the prettiest-- it really sets off the under-hood custom work I've done on my car, and she's more of a show car than a race car at this point (though I did pretty well at the track this weekend!). I also didn't want the Injen long tube because where I live floods often and I have to drive across a flooded bridge occasionally-- I don't want to hydrolock my car. Nothing against CAI but I don't like the way it looks (personal preference). As far as Vararam goes, if I ever upgrade, that's probably what it will be to because I like the design.

Anyway, attached are a couple of pics of the installed BBK at a car show I went to this weekend. I immediately noticed a difference in the way Bella responds. She's running cooler, more responsive, getting better gas mileage (tested this on my drive home from Tulsa) and better times at the track. I also like the way the intake sounds (minus the whistle, which actually doesn't bother me as much as I thought I would-- it isn't constant; I usually only hear it for a sec, around 3000 RPM). Anyway, I'm loving how it looks and how much happier the Camaro is.
Attached Images

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote