View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 06:05 PM   #41
Klepton

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, LS3, SW w/ IOM package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
I did have a great 4th of July, thank you hope you did as well!

In order to get a better idea of what they are doing lets go ahead and build your car and add up all of the totals and see what we get. What options did you get aside from the 2SS/RS and 1LE package? (also if it was one of the premium colors as well) We can then add up all of the invoice prices and get a total and then see where you stand.

As far as the destination charge goes that’s GM billing the dealer for the delivery of the vehicle. It is considered non negotiable and I wouldn’t bother arguing with them over that. The Advertising fees however I have a problem with. As I have explained in a previous post on this tread, the dealer gets back far more from that advertising fee or else they would opt out of it. They are allowed special promotions and all kinds of other great benefits as a result of participating.

It’s also good that you were able to get them to order it without a deposit since that is going to strengthen your negotiating position.

The current rebates should be available to you unless you negotiated in writing that you would except only the rebates that were available when you initially ordered it.
Well, I didn't want to go into details about the options previously, but the price I stated was the total Invoice price they gave me at time of order (estimated?) including invoice price for the options ($41,373.21).

However, the following are the exact options I ordered:

2013 Summit White 2SS Coupe
RS package
1LE package
Dual-mode performance exhaust
Chevrolet MyLink with Navigation
Illuminated Footwell and Cup Holder lighting
Body-color grill

I just got back from the dealership and we weren't able to close the deal. They offered me a trade-in value for my current car that was way lower than I was expecting. It was $5,303.00 less than the KBB trade-in value for a 2011 2SS/RS with 11,585 miles in EXCELLENT condition. They also did not want to budge on either the Destination charge or Advertisement fees. However, I did find out that the GM Preferred Price ($42,900.75) was a little lower than their Grand Total Invoice price ($43,147.81), which includes the destination charge and advertisement fees, and that the current offer from 7/3/2013 - 7/8/2013 of $1500 cash back is available on all 2013/2014 Camaros (with the exception of a ZL1). They were willing to apply both to my order.

Last edited by Klepton; 07-05-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Klepton is offline   Reply With Quote