View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #10
xavier02832

Drives: 13 ZL1-SOLD, 13 GT500-Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister@Torq View Post
Yes, the blower is capable of being installed but the LSA motor uses a different front cover and a 3 belt system. To make this work you would need to swap a ton of stuff, maybe some hard lines as well but we are up for it :-)

Whipple IS working on a 2.9L and some other blowers for the LSA/LS9 engine setups but it is months out at this time.

The 2.9L has major benefits over the 1.9L. Less boost to make similar HP, broader torque curve because of the discplacement, maximum rpm for future, cooler temperatures because of the efficiency and lower rpm.

We have done CTS-V's and know what they can take, what they cant, what the HP and torque curves look like with every possible combination.

We also do a ton of Ford vehicles with similar setups and I can tell you the 2.9L is a superior upgrade.
Thanks Paul , not only did you answer my question but you explained the pros and cons of the whole process which is exactly what I was looking for. Goes to show why TORQ is my prefered one stop shop for all my preformance needs. YOU GUYS ROCK

Keep up the good work guys
xavier02832 is offline   Reply With Quote