View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #15
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
We won't ever see 12,000 deliveries in a month, April sales will be the peak for the entire year and 10,000 units is pretty high. When ever the 2012 order banks open, you will see a decrease in sales. This should be happening soon because MY12 should start in the beginning of June. I think the incentives should pick up this month on the 2010 Camaro's that are left. Incentives on just the 2010's will stabilize the incoming slump as dealers close out 2011 orders and customers wait for the 2012's. The Mustang is doing incredible for an 8 year old model, 8,000 units a month is unbelievable at this point but Mustang sales are unstable throughout the year. The Camaro is enjoying the pent up demand sales surge but that pent up demand for the convertible is literally destroying the coupe's sales and production. Most of those verts are probably V6's... I did some quick math last month and I figured 50% of Camaro production was convertibles and the Camaro V6 to V8 ratio was 60/40 the last time I heard.

Sales next month will either remain at 10,000 or dip back to March numbers. As soon as the 2012 order banks open, special orders will stop and the only sales will be those that are on the lot. There are a lot of Camaro's out there to pick up and incentives will help get those 2010's moving. Gas prices will affect sales later on as most of the sales numbers we see today were orders made months ago and the unsuspecting customers are receiving their Camaro's now. Convertible sales and production on the Mustang side are very low compared to the coupe and the V8's are almost 50/50 with the V6's but that includes the 5000+ GT500's. Right now, the Camaro's sales have increased by 50% since the convertible was made available and with the new 324hp V6 coming in the summer and the automatic making up 66% of sales... the LS3 may become a rare sight...
You meant 2011 i think. As the economy improves and the Zl1 comes out we could definitely see 12,000 sold in 2012. Although i suspect Zl1s will only be in 15,000 or less a year sales range.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote