View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 12:10 PM   #14
UsedTaHaveA68

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackedout010 View Post
how do you figure supercharger is easiest??? not to be rude or come off bad have you ever owned a car with an sc?? ive had 2 and tons of headaches. from pulley combos to belt slippage both were constant headaches. with all the knowledge people have on ls based motors nowadays a good old heads and cam package is the way to go with least amount of hassle.
I have not. I helped a buddy with a '97 Firebird Formula install his procharger a few years back, but no personal experience. But I did personally find it easier to install that supercharger than to install a new camshaft in that same car. He got rid of the S/C about a year after we put it in and went with a nitrous grind cam and a 175 shot of the giggly juice and a 3xxx stall converter. I know he had occasional issues with the S/C, but it wasn't his main decision to change over. And I don't know how much room is under the hood of the new Camaros, but changing cams in the old f-bodies were a bit of a pain.

I didn't mean to imply superchargers were the magic horsepower pill for everyone. That was the only one I've installed, and like I said I never had any personal experience of owning one. Didn't mean to come across as a know it all. I should have stated that between changing cams and installing a supercharger, the one that I've put in was much easier than the camshaft swap.
UsedTaHaveA68 is offline   Reply With Quote