View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #4
SSGT OF MARINES
LIKE A BOSS

Drives: 2012 45 Anv 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
Just want to give you a fair warning. I'm selling my 3 inch Flowmaster Outlaw exhaust because the addition of high flow cats removes the resonator that is on your factory cats. This made my system extremely loud but not in a good way. I got a lot of complements from people with missing teeth and driving old beat up pick up trucks. This is no joke. =) Before it was loud but the sound was very deep and sounded like a muscle car should in my opinion. With high flow cats it sounded amazing at WOT but normal driving conditions not so much. It lost the deep sound that I liked. Drone was something fierce and it sounded like a helicopter on the interstate at certain RPMs. My friend is a Gunny in the Marines and he said it reminded him of some of the cargo planes he's been in. I have before and after sound clips I can provide if you want.

To answer your question I have the Solo high flow cats installed now which are the best based on all the research I've done if you don't want to do any tuning or throw any CELs. I can personally vouch to this fact. It definitely added more HP and torque as well. JBA is probably second based on what I've read but more likely to throw a CEL. I installed the Mach XL system today and it toned it down a lot but still sounds mean under throttle. Drone is completely gone. My entire setup is Solo High Flow Cats, Solo Mach XL 2.5 with J - Pipe, and K&N CAI.

LMAO you said it sounded like a Cargo plane DAMM . I so should I be looking at a another muffler or does flowmaster make cats that you speak of that give it that crazy loud muscle car sound I crave so badly .