View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
J.D.

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformers Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGT OF MARINES View Post
LMAO you said it sounded like a Cargo plane DAMM . I so should I be looking at a another muffler or does flowmaster make cats that you speak of that give it that crazy loud muscle car sound I crave so badly .

Yep, it made a fluttering noise at cruising speeds. Sounded like it had a leak but I couldn't find any. Best way to describe it was a helicopter effect. I think if you google it you will see that other people have had similar issues with their exhausts. Not vendor specific. Can happen to any of them with certain combination of mods. Took it to several shops and they said it was just too aggressive of a setup. I spoke to Solo about attaching a set of resonators to the high flows and they said it would work but would have to be taken to a shop, cut down, and welded on. I think they sell them pre attached for the V6. I considered doing that because I loved how it sounded originally but with all the money I would have spent to make the Flowmaster sound good again I figured I'd just get a more refined exhaust with a built in resonated X pipe and J Pipes. Aso I had no need for a 3 inch setup since the cats are 2.5 inches anyway. Flowmaster is good for that old muscle car sound but as I'm learning there is a science to it. Once you start removing or adding other parts to your car it changes everything so you wanna make sure your entire setup is going to net you the end result you want. Flowmaster Outlaw catback by itself sounded amazing. Some people have had the same problem that went with the Borla Atak exhaust. Great sound but when they added high flows or long tubes it was crazy. Some people like it but I got tired of it. Deceleration pop was much louder as well. I like the pop but not as loud as it was. I like my current setup now and glad I switched. Flowmaster Outlaw, or Borla Atak isn't for everyone I guess. =) Well let me rephrase that. They sound excellent if all your looking for is to improve sound and not looking at any other mods down the road.
J.D. is offline   Reply With Quote