View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 04:05 PM   #19
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcschwenke View Post
Here's my opinion. I have a 2012 Charger V6 (SXT) and a 2012 Camaro V6 2LT/RS (wife's). The Charger has a different ride and I'm not saying it in a bad way. The ride is smoother and won't jar your kidneys although it's still very stable and responsive. We originally purchased the Charger because it can comfortable seat our family of 5. The Camaro not so much. The Camaro is harder to get in and out of and the controls for radio/interior is not as straight forward (Seems like the electronics were and afterthought). The Bluetooth also doesn't sound as well. The R/T Charger will be quicker but, not by a whole lot. At least not as much as others may think. The car weighs around 500 lbs more and only has about 20 more hp, but quite a bit more torque. Insurance for the Charger will also be more because of the V8 and R/T badge. I do like both platforms but, for different reasons. Reliability will be similar possibly and edge to the Charger since the motor has been around for while longer. All of your other points seem spot on. Visibility in the Camaro is tough but, with the backup camera, it's fine. If you have questions, please let me know.
You're information is way off on some things. the R/T will be way quicker the SS. Yes, the weight difference (closer to 300-400 pounds) is steep, but it is a much bigger car. the has 323 HP, the Charger 372, a 49 HP difference. the torque difference is well over 100 pound feet too. A well driven R/T can hit mid 13s or better, a V6 Camaro is a mid 14 second car with the manual and slower with the auto.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote