View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSpeedFreak View Post
Hoping to get a little help from the big boys around here.

I've been hitting the strip a lot this year and probably have around 60 passes on my car. I never really take my time there super serious but maybe its about time to start trying a little bit harder.

Couple questions:

1 - Do you suggest placing icebags on my supercharger in between runs to cool it off? I see a lot of people around me do this but I have never tried.

2 - I have had people suggest I leave my car with the ACC on (key in) so that the pump runs to my intercooler while the car is waiting for its next run. Think this helps any?

Any other little tips that you think might help would be greatly appreciated.

My setup: TVS2300, Longtubes, cat delete, noweeds, corsa (although not used as I leave the noweeds open), 3.2 pulley running 7psi, rotofab CAI. 608hp on last dyno. I do have Meth kit ready to install and tune but that may still be a few more weeks/ months away...

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ha, 60 passes.... That's a gd wind!!

I've heard two schools of thought on the ice thing. Obviously the gd is the cooling. The bad being the rapid heating/cooling/heating process which can lead to something cracking.

I run my ice/water chest while in the pits and use fans to cool the car. In 20 minutes it's almost to cold.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote