View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 09:02 PM   #1
drtwo

Drives: 2SS RS Yellow, Raptor, Vrod
NO PERFORMANCE GAINS ACHEIVED WITH MOST MODIFICATIONS

Now that I have your attention:

IF YOU ROUTINELY RACE YOUR CAR THEN PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS THREAD OR REPLY AS IT DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU!!!

A V6 2010 Camaro has around 304HP
An SS 2010 Camaro has 426HP
A 2009 Pontiac G8 v8 has 361HP

WHY do we spend big $$ on a small 8-10HP gain from a catback exhaust, cold air intake etc.. that will increase our overall HP FARRRRR less than the simple difference in HP gain from a V6 to a V8?

The Horsepower between the cars above varies more than 120HP and yet the performance of each of these cars varies only by tenths of seconds in a quarter mile and maybe less in a 0-60 run. (WITH OVER A HUNDRED HORSEPOWER IN DIFFERENCE)!!!

These modifications look good and sound good, but there seems to be no actualized difference in the cold air intake performance in real life. Although I VERY much appreciate the science and time to test the products!!! Great JOb!

I'd say buy your aftermarket stuff to personalize your car and enjoy it! Take Power gains with a grain of salt. Buy the CAI that looks cool to you and the exhaust that sounds good to you and don't worry about the numbers!!!

If you want real performance gains: you'll have to get a turbo or supercharger or some other extreme engine modification.

Any comments?!

Last edited by drtwo; 10-23-2009 at 01:44 PM.
drtwo is offline   Reply With Quote