View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #4
xX_BLACK_INFERNO_Xx

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Ok. So, I decided to put in some halos and demon eyes. I started looking at all the different companies offering the different kits. Single LED replacement vs complete halo ring replacement. I also started weighing the different options. Did I want them to change color or stay a static color? While I am a fan of all of AACs product offerings (i.e. Oracle), I find the prices of almost any LED halo kit to be extremly expensive. Especially considering that the price of LEDs and PCBs are so inexpensive as well as the labor involved because most are built by automated means or purchased in bulk from an overseas source. Even the controllers are somewhat overpriced. I couldn't see paying $400+ for one set of rings plus a controller and the 80mm rings. Call me cheap or whatever but I decided to try and find the rings cheaper. After much searching and emailing people back and forth I found some really nice budget halos for a fraction of the cost of other kits and they look just as good and are just as bright as the rest. Grant it they don't have as many LEDs per ring as others, but considering the price, they're a pretty good deal and still look damn good. I also did the DRL with the 80mm RGB rings. Even though the 80mm rings for the DRL work and fit, it seems that if you wanted the rings to be closer to the outer edge of the DRL or fogs, the rings would need to be 85-90mm. but again I'm not complaining cause the price I got these for was ridiculous (PM me if you are interested in some. I have 4-80mm RGB rings, 6-160mm RGB rings, and 2 controllers left).

The two things that were the most of a pain was 1) baking, (which I had to do twice to one light because I was being overly cautious) opening the headlights, positioning the two 80mm rings, and 2) finding a suitable hole in the firewall to run the wires [which I ended up drilling in the end]. Over all this mod rates pretty fair and I am pretty pleased with the outcome when it was finished.

Before and after pics here in my shop.....

The headlights were crusted with bugs and dirt. Needless to say I polished them up real good before I put them back in.
Attached Images

xX_BLACK_INFERNO_Xx is offline   Reply With Quote