View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 11:13 AM   #27
IROCZJEFF

Drives: 69Z 70Z 85IROC-Z 911LE 97 SS
New Camaro Mark Up

Let me start by saying that profit is not a dirty word. I sold cars while in college and it paid for my education. A dealership should be able to mark a car up as much as they want! It is the law of supply and demand. Everyone on this post knows that the minute you buy a new car it depreciates as soon as you drive it off the lot, right? Put your self in a sales persons shoes in a dealership for a minute. A sales person makes his or her living off of selling cars and if they can make an extra $300.00 or $500.00 by "OFFERING" a car at over sticker who cares!!! You don't have to buy the car from that dealer if you don't want to. How would you like to sell Cobalts and Silverado's and Aveo's all day long and make $100.00 if you were lucky? This is going to be a car where the average guy or girl can buy one, maybe not at sticker at the start but that is they way it is! Look at the Mustangs, Challangers, Z06's, etc... If you want something bad enough you will pay to play! I know right now I am prepared to pay sticker and maybe a few bucks more for my new super charged Z when it comes out. IROCZJEFF