View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 03:22 PM   #23
Spoolin

Drives: 2014 SW 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by zcarczar View Post
Spoolin where you running in the purple group? I did the first round with blue and almost fell asleep we were going so slow so I had them bump me up to purple. The last round I was working towards catching the guy in the red Ferrari but he ended up getting black flagged before I could finish realing him in.

So far I'm impressed with the car, I might need to make some cooling system modifications as I was running pretty warm all day. I don't think we got the coolant water mixture right. If that doesn't fix it then I'll look into a different radiator and oil cooler setup.
Yeah, I was in the purple group. I happily started at the front in the second session and had an instructor with me to teach me the lines of the track since I'd never been there, by the time we caught up to the back of the pack I got stuck behind alot of slower guys pushing their cars hard and running a bit wide on the corners and bringing stuff onto the track. The guy in the Ferrari got behind me after I had caught up to lapped traffic and passed me without a wave by which annoyed me because I was waiting for the guy in front of me to give me a pass-by. Guess the guy doesn't understand no open passing. Lol

When I ran my car at buttonwillow my oil got hot (307) but coolant temps stuck around 255. Ambient that weekend was 107 so i wasn't too surprised. Yesterday I pulled the rain guard off the hood vent and the hottest the oil temps got was about 280 and coolant temps were 235's. Then again I really didn't push my car very hard for any full laps. First session was learning the track and following the people in front of me to see what they do and second session was going about 80% listening to the instructor.

Which car were you in? I didn't see any other Camaro's in my group, then again I didn't really see the whole field. That Banking freaks me out!!
Spoolin is offline   Reply With Quote