View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 01:08 PM   #61
King Nothing
Under a Peterbilt

Drives: Rogue, Durango and Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
Ford factory limited the RPMs at 7500 so never, but if they were in 3rd most of the time, it would be above 7000 most of the time. Thats where the Boss makes its power so the key to fast lap times is keeping the RPM's above 7k.
and how often are the rpms kept up around there? where does the powerband start in it and does it have good low-end to mid-range power?

personally i love the front end of the new mustangs and what Ford did with the 5.0 coyote engine is amazing (i really hate people comparing the LSX engines to it because it's a whole different engine) but like most people i'm for driving a car on the street, not the track so would the average Joe be at 7000-8500rpms? no not anywhere close to that but i guess having bragging rights of "my Boss 302 is faster than your M3 on a track" might mean a lot to some people. hopefully GM does make something to be Ford's competitor on the grand am series instead of the M3 :( that either means Ford knows they blew Chevy out of the water and doesn't need to worry about them or they were blown out of the water by Chevy . . . i'm leaning with the don't fear the Camro in the grand am series
Sold-2000 Camaro SS A4 Hardtop #867 of 8913
1 of 103 Bright Rally Red Hardtop SS A4 in 2000
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 By Berger #11BC21
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote