View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #14
BRAVO 2SS
Aim Small...Miss Small

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahallfly View Post
Yep I agree! Are you wanting to do the Cam first for any particular reason?
If not, finish the bolt ons first. If you do cam I am pretty sure you will have to pay for a tune at that time. Plus you will want to upgrade oil pump and chain for piece of mind with all the failures. I dont see this happening for under 500.

Headers will give a little bit of power and a better sound!

And if that dont work do this! haha
I guess I should've clarify...yes I am doing headers first. Looking at kooks or Stainless Power...not sure if the extra $ is worth it for kooks and definitely a tune with this. Then Cam...I was just trying to figure out what Cam would fit my needs. I already have an Intake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litle88 View Post
1) You live in the "People's Republic of California"
2) you don't want headers now
3) you don't want gears now
4) you don't want to to tune it now
5) your budget is 500 for a cam
6) it's your daily driver
7) you obviously don't have money to play bud.
Shit still happens, especially cutting corners and budget building. Either you do once and do it right or be prepared to spend twice.
I know this State is definitely going to hell...I love the weather but Politics suck! Maybe I should move to Texas! :flag2:

I do have money to play...I just don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a Cam and was seeing what others were using. Obviously different Cams for different needs. But your advice is appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger09 View Post
You should do the headers first. Then do an Ls7 cam and good tune. Make sure you get the correct length pushrods and call it a day. The LS7 cam is the same specs as the LS9 cam with a tighter lobe seperation angle. It will make more TQ and make power at higher revs than the stock cam.
sounds like good advice!

Thank you all for your advice...going to search for more info on headers and a tune!