View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #17
partymn

Drives: 2014 1ss 1LE
You know I really didn't want this to turn into another HPS bash session. I think that we all agree on what type of shop it was and have had enough fun blaming them for this kit.

I would like options to correct the problem with the kit set up the way it is. I cant afford to redesign the kit right now nor can I afford to buy a larger turbo. There has got to be a cheaper way to lower the pressure that doesn't require me to change the whole design of the kit. I need to get the backpressure down to a reasonable level to keep my engine alive.

I have a set of exhaust cutouts that will be going on when I get the car back, will that help while they are open? Will it need retuned afterword? I know that it normally wouldn't but I am not sure if it will in this situation.

Could the stock cans that I still have on the car exaggerate this issue? Could they be damaged internally and cause this high pressure? If so those can go away for some flowmasters.

If I get the backpressure down to, lets say, a 1:2:1 ratio will the car need to be retuned? I probably already know the answer to that but you never know.

Could my lack of a catch can also exaggerate this issue?