View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 10:02 AM   #9
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocikat View Post
LETS DO ONE MORE LAP !!

Okay, soooooooo I left the house this morning at about 9:30 noticed my DIC said I had about 80 some miles of fuel left in the tank, so I think to myself, I’m running a few minutes late and I wasn’t really planning on driving the track today, so I’ll get gas on the way home and drove to the ABQ Hotel, didn’t see any Camaros in the lot so I waited a few minutes and thought, well….. maybe everyone already left for the track so I started to head out that way and I see Diana coming up Rio Grande, did a quick U turn met for a few minutes and we headed for the track.

It was just a bit cool at the track and there were only 4 or 5 Mazda’s out and only Diana and I from the Camaro group, joined also by Damien who arrived shortly thereafter. When the track opened Diana and I rolled out and ran probably 10 or 12 laps and took a burrito break. It was wonderful having the track all to ourselves no traffic to contend with, no pressure, time to think about the track and practice, feeling great, having fun, and the car was handling great with its light load of fuel.

Mazda’s turn,…… we sat in the stands talking and munching our burritos watching the Mazda track session there was also a truck out on the track, some type of outlaw truck, I’m not sure of its exact classification, anyways saw it smoking down the back straightaway and then spun out in turn 11, they got it refired and returned to the pits they had broken an oil line on the engine and while oil spilled on the track was being cleaned we went to check out the new dirt track being built.

Track is back open again (yeaayyyyyyyyy!!) Diana took one lap and felt there was too much oil on the track to be comfortable with and pulled back onto pit lane, I stayed out and ran another 10 or so laps, didn’t notice any slick spots or adverse handling, I was having a GREAT time, Track all to myself, no traffic to contend with, no pressure, time to think about the track and practice, feeling great, having fun, and the car was handling great with its light load of fuel.

Mazda’s turn again……. Watched the Mazda run the track no problems, Damien had some things to do and said goodbye for the day. Diana felt comfortable taking her Camaro back out and I followed and just stuck right with Diana matching her turn for turn, it was a great learning experience for me to help learn the line and breaking points of the track. after running 10 or so laps, no traffic to contend with, no pressure, time to think about the track and practice, feeling great, having fun, and the car was handling great with its light load of fuel. I had asked Diana to ride along with me and as we had arranged,Diana pulled off and parked in the staging area, hopped in my car and off we went.

Back on the track, we did 2 laps talked about a couple of points. I was having a GREAT time, Track all to myself, no traffic to contend with, no pressure, time to think about the track and practice, feeling great, having fun, and the car was handling great with its light load of fuel. At the end of the second lap I said to Diana, LETS DO ONE MORE LAP !! Ok …… I was having a GREAT time, Track all to myself, no traffic to contend with, no pressure, time to think about the track and practice, feeling great, having fun, and the car was handling great with its light load of fuel. We exit turn 11 and the engine QUITS ! and my first thought is….. ###&%$$^&^** !!! I’ve screwed up my engine, how much is this gonna freaking cost !! , My DIC is saying REDUCED EDGINE POWER, We coast thru turn 12 come to a stop on the track and I come to the realization,……… I’M OUT OF FUEL !. There were a couple of young gentlemen in the observers stand at that end of the track who radioed my situation back to the track officials who came out with the TOW TRUCK and pulled my Camaro back to the fuel shack where they were kind enough to provide me with several gallons of fuel to get myself along with my very red face on my way, Diana followed me to a gas station off of 98th street where I filled my tank ALL THE WAY !

!!!!!

Track Admission........................... $53 (including 1 burrito)
Fuel Charge to restart car............................ $20
EMBARRASMENT OF RUNNING OUT OF FUEL ON THE TRACK .............................................F…ING PRICELESS !!!!
I just re-read Diana's post and she never mentioned a thing about it.
Wow, does she have self control or what?
Sounds like you guys had a great time! Dont worry about the gas thing, as I recall Diana had to follow me to the gas station when I went up there to make sure I would make it.

I might sneak up for a seesion before the Fest if I can get my car done.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote