View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
AGLAT

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS Vert M6 1LT
Camaro Convertible -- Designed to support a Hard Tonneau Cover ??

Based on the early pictures we've seen so far, the Camaro design team got many things right in the design of the forthcoming and much anticipated convertible models.

However, some of us have been waiting to find out if this new convertible would integrate a basic design element that has become the norm for all convertibles targeting the "middle aged businessman" group of buyers -- the integrated hard tonneau cover.

Convertibles are already considerably more expensive than their coupe counterparts, and serve a much narrower market niche. It just seems prudent (to me) to design the new Camaro convertible to appeal to the broadest possible range of buyers.

I might not feel so strongly about the need for an integrated hard tonneau cover if not for the fact that I currently have one on my 2002 BMW 330cic, and there is no way that I will buy another convertible without this feature.

After looking at the Camaro pictures a little longer, I have to wonder if the hard tonneau cover might be a future option, perhaps on the Z28 model at least? Take a look at the following pictures and you will see what I mean.

AGLAT
AGLAT is offline   Reply With Quote