View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #6
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Personally, I think GT500 IS the target and TT V6 is not the way they're going to go (that's what I hope...) However, given the 500 is about 3900 lbs., even if a TT V6 is about the same weight as SS, I entirely agree it's not going to get around. I think the current road test in MT (I think it was) where a lesser-powered HPE650 beat a Super Snake was quite interesting (to an extent) where it was pretty much handed it back side (I believe the tires were among the biggest reasons). A car with lesser power and weight can take on a bigger car with more weight (I don't purport to remember how much that HPE650 weighed) and win is a certain possiblity. Is it the way GM should go though? Can they make it work, given the rough specifications we're making comparisons with? I don't think so. If a TT V6 is going to be competitive, at the power levels we're comparing to, I think it needs to get down to at least 3500 lbs in weight for there to be a justifiable difference. Is that going to happen? I don't believe so, one bit. If you ask me what the quickest way to get to beat GT500 is, the most practically, and with much resemblance to the past, I think it's with the LSA and either the magneto' shocks or factory equivalent to a Pedders suspension set-up. Sorry - I can't see a V6, no matter TT or SC, in Z28. I could be wrong though... It wouldn't be the first time :(
I agree with the GT500 being the target. That is the only thing left that the Camaro could go for. It's definitely possible for a lighter to beat a heavier car. However, we are looking at an over 140 HP difference here. It would take aproximately 3300 lb car to defeat another with such a huge horsepower deficit, and we all know this new Z/28 isn't going to weigh this much less than the current SS.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote