View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 01:39 AM   #17
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflmao View Post
Ah didn't realize GM had THAT heavy of an international influence in the market. Still, home base is here and with the economy going the way it is, still makes sense?

Maybe that thing with Toyota was the overall world market? I remember a big article on something with Toyota dethroning something for the first time in history somewhere
They became the most profitable a little while ago, and 1st quarter last year I think they had more sales than GM, but GM made up for that in the second half of the year. In terms of global sales GM is still #1. basically for every two cars they sell in the US, they sell 3 elsewhere. Remember, there are other brands like Saab, Vauxhall, Opel, Holden, that have fairly strong sales in their local markets of Sweeden, England, Germany, and Australia. More Buicks are sold in China than in the US. To them, they rank with BMW's and Acura's. The Aveo (and its clones) is one of the best selling cars in the world. They are still in very good shape in terms of vehicle sales around the world, and in the US market. They will still sell over 3.5 million in North America, and over 5.5 million more around the world. Vehicle sales was roughly $180 billion for GM last year, their costs were about the same. So where did the 38 billion come from? Well simply put, nowhere. I can't fully explain it, but basically from what I understand it was a massive tax deductable or something that had been put off and twisted and tweaked, somehow it ended being 39B in the fall. But nothing like that can happen this year, I assume. Any financial experts on this site? namely corporate taxes?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote