View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 02:13 AM   #11
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
To clear a couple of misconceptions:

1. On an SS the RS package only changes the finish of the wheels, adds body colored roof ditch moulding, HID/halo lights and body colored shark fin. It is not a seperate wheel from a non RS SS other than color. You are mainly paying for the HID/Halo lights, body coloured roof ditch mouldings and body colored shark fin. Thats on a standard SS.

2. The online configurator is wrong and I wish they would fix it. The 1LE comes with black 10 spoke wheels. PERIOD!! Adding RS does not change it to the standard wheels. That is an error on the website.

3. RS is cheap compared to attempting to retrofit the HID/Halo headlights and paint matching the other parts. I know many will argue there are aftermarket solutions and that is correct, but they aren't factory. I would rather have lighting up to factory standards over aftermarket.

With that said, if you don't care about the HIDs then non RS is a sexy beast in its own way. I actually really like the look but since I will often drive at night with my kiddos in the car, I want the safety the better lighting provides.
newb is offline   Reply With Quote