View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 10:57 PM   #1
Giggy

Drives: 2SS/RS blk/blk
New member and here is my story!!!!

First, I'd like to say this is one of the best sites for Camaro lovers. Good info, tips and discussions. Hats off to the Admin team.

This is how I got my new 2010 Camaro...

As most of you know, GM anounced on Aug 10/06 that the car we all love was officially going to production. How ironic, this was on my birthday!!! I said to my wife "I will be getting that car as soon as it's available". The answer I got was "yeah..alright....whatever".

During those 3 years, I have gotten a new job and moved my family 9 1/2hrs away from Northern Ont to Southern Ont. In June of this year, I asked my wife to go for a ride. We stopped at our local Chevy dealer. She asked "What are we doing here". I reply "I'm ordering my new Camaro" She said (this surprised me) "really....you have to get it in black and the windows must be tinted "

So, this dealer is one of those who will no longer be part of the GM family come this fall. They could not place an order for me. I did some searching and found a dealer 1 1/2hrs away that could order one. My new toy was ordered on Friday June 19th with 8 to 10 weeks delivery time. I get a call from the dealer on Tues June 23rd and the manager said "your car just came off the truck and will be available for pick up in 2 days!!!!" I told him to stop his nonesence and what was his call really for. He said it was not a joke. The guy who ordered it in March cancelled his order a few days before I ordered mine and it was the exact same options. (yes, I did buy a lottery ticket that day and did not win a thing) This guy who cancelled his Camaro got a new Corvette!! His lost, my gain!!

I was on a 2 week vacation as of that Friday and I picked up "the monster" on Saturday. What a great way to start a vacation.

Hope you too can share a story like mine.

All the best,
Giggy

P.S. My vin# is 2G1FK1EJ9A9101324
Giggy is offline   Reply With Quote