View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #7249
demonspeed
not afraid of the wall

Drives: Camaros
Many headers will come with bolts/studs and gaskets; however, depending on the brand, you're likely to get cheap stuff. Personally, considering your low miles, you can reuse your factory exhaust gaskets. You may even be able to reuse your manifold bolts, but I'd recommend getting studs as it will make it a lot easier to just hang the gasket and header flange before tightening everything down. ARP makes a set, but they're pricey. I bought a set off eBay that are stainless for around $30 (Alper Motorsports).

You'll want anti seize for your O2 sensors and spark plugs. I have some if you'd like some assistance putting these on.

If you're not planning on a tune right away, you'll want to get "MIL Eliminators" or "O2 sims." Not everyone sells them because there was a big government stink several years ago which "outlawed" them. They're now only sold as "off road only."

You'll need O2 extensions OR longer front O2 sensors. I don't know the part number for the 5th gens, but I literally just purchased a pair of the longer sensors from Amazon for my car (not sure if they're the same connector, but the part number is 213-810 ACDelco).

You don't need any fluids.
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote