View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 01:17 PM   #13
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstairs View Post
You may of misunderstood what the dealer was saying. I am guessing they are expecting to have your order "PLACED" by the end of the month. Which means as Slingshot stated about 6 to 8 weeks from that date.

1. First ask for your WorkBench ORDER # It will Look like this: "NVK6JHH". That can be used on Camaro5.com to track your car to followup on your dealer if you have any doubts.

2. Request a regular update via email on the status code on the order. "1100 "means the order was added to workbench and the combination or options and parts were ACCEPTED as being in the correct format. Once the order has been "PLACED" the status code will be in the 2000's. Status codes in the 3000's means the parts are being ordered and gathered for your car. 3400 means the order has been 'BROADCAST', think of it as a huge shoppig cart that has all your parts in it that is being wheeled to the beginning of the production line. 3800 your car is now PRODUCED and a VIN has been ISSUED. Now the excitement starts, 4000's are used for cars that are bayed and awaiting shipment and for cars in transit to the dealership. 5000 means your car is sitting at the dealership waiting for you and 6000 means you are at home with the checkbook balancing your accounts with the Camaro waiting in your garage for a road trip.

I hope this helps
I specifically asked (each time) when I can expect my car, not when they will accept my order. I know my workbench number and continually bug Viz for tracking.
CamaroFemme is offline   Reply With Quote