View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #14
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajmalian View Post
I have personally spoken to the guys at Scosche and yes they are the ones producing the Alpine kit for Alpine. I've got my Alpine kit coupled with a Kenwood DNX9990HD equivalent and it works just fine. I have no issues with fitment and the changes in the angle of the screen too don't tamper with the Alpine frame/kit. The only thing is, if you do decide to go for the Alpine dash kit with a stereo other than Alpine, then be prepared to invest in a PAC SWI-RC steering wheel interface module because there is a very high chance your steering wheel controls may not work. Under such circumstances, many here on the forum will tell you that you need to connect a red wire in the 24 pin connector to the a light blue/yellow wire in the same connector using a 10k resistor...well guess what? Alpine's kit has a slightly different wire arrangement. This blue/yellow wire doesn't exist in the Alpine while it does in the Scosche. This is why I strongly suggest you go with the PAC SWI-RC interface. I recommend you get in touch with Dennis from Double D Mods....he'll set your audio problems straight.
It will very doubtful that I'll buy a another Scosche kit or a Alpine since the same company makes them.