View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 11:55 AM   #28
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClassicCarKid View Post
Out of curiosity Pill, why do you think so many people are still special ordering Camaros? I would think that the percentage of people ordering from the factory would be almost insignificant at this point.
It's our god given right to order a brand new car. When you go into a store and buy a new TV, furniture or anything for that matter... We never want the floor model... Give it to us in the box. Same thing applies to new car sales and that is the smart way to buy. Only the last in line or deal seekers will take a floor model home, special orders "should" be the majority of these cars sales (Mustang, Corvette, Chally included). Pre-orders are also considered special orders too.. If the product isn't available yet, we can order them the way we want... If I am paying over $20,000 for a new car, I will always order it from the catalog... I will never pick it from the lot. I am willing to pay the little extra if I need to. If you look around on this forum, you will see that a large majority ordered the car special and took delivery.... that's just the way it is.

These cars are more than just transportation, If I wanted a Fiesta because I really needed a car and wasn't into being raped on rental fees.. I would walk in and buy one. These vehicles are status vehicles, regardless of the engine size, just as I wouldn't want a floor model leather couch in my living room, I wouldn't want a test vehicle in my driveway.

Last edited by thePill; 05-05-2011 at 01:36 AM.
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote